Saturday 28 December 2013

Beginnings are often hard, but always simple

It doesn't take much to ruin a life. Viewing a video. Reading a story. Hearing a fairytale passed down through the ages.

Getting a gift.

My life was ruined by somebody gifting me a copy of Slender: The Arrival on Steam.

Yeah, go ahead and laugh. I'd do the same if it was another in my shoes. My parents always said that I played too many video games. Maybe if I hadn't, I'd still be alive. Then again, my parents always wanted me to go play in the park and climb trees, so it shows what they know. I got given a copy of a game and I played it. Didn't even find it that scary.

Of course, a few days later I walked through the park and I saw him. Or Him, I dunno. Off in the trees, looking at a group of children. I didn't do anything. Wish I had tried now, even if I don't know what I could've done.

I went home instead. Looked for information. Stayed up for three nights reading and watching and researching. Barely left the house. Looking for a way out, answers, a solution that didn't exist.

It was three days until I left my house and saw the monster again.

1 comment:

  1. That's an interesting beginning. I had stumbled upon it by accident. Got so intrigued by it. Didn't help that so many of the guys that I hung out with during that summer kept talking about the 'Marble Hornets' videos.

    ReplyDelete